Here’s an easy, healthy and delicious meal idea that is perfect for a quick lunch on the go. Bhuna means sautéed and our chicken is sautéed with onions, peppers and spices, then wrapped to make a delicious roll!
Recipe type: Brunch
- 1 lb (450g) Zamzam boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup each, divided, fresh, chopped: coriander, mint
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ inch piece ginger, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp each, ground: garam masala, coriander, cumin, dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- ½ tsp each: red chilli powder (cayenne pepper), roasted ground cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup each, thinly sliced: onions, red pepper, green pepper
- 4 large whole-wheat tortillas, warmed
- Place chicken in large mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp of fresh coriander and mint, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, salt and spices (except roasted cumin). Mix well to coat chicken with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 15 min or longer.
- Warm oil in non-stick skillet set over medium high heat. Add cumin seeds, sauté 30 sec. Add sliced onions and peppers, sauté for 5 min, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly softened. Add marinated chicken, sauté, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 min.
- Remove from heat, fold in the remaining fresh herbs and roasted ground cumin seeds.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly over warm tortillas, fold to make a wrap.
Special Serving Idea: Line rolls with green chutney, salad and chicken mixture, then top with a drizzle of mint yogurt raita! Toast rolls in non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 3-4 min, to crisp them up. Chef’s Tip: Add other vegetables to chicken such as sliced zucchini, mushrooms or peas. Add a slice of light cheese to each roll. Substitute whole-wheat chapatti for the tortilla.