Our grilled chicken, with the aroma of cumin and cinnamon, smells fantastic as it cooks and tastes even better!
Recipe type: Entree
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 lb (900g) skinned* Zamzam chicken legs with backs attached
- 10 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup each: low fat plain yogurt, vinegar, lemon juice
- 1 tbsp: ground cumin
- 1 tsp each, ground: cinnamon, black pepper, red chilli powder (cayenne pepper), ginger, paprika
- Salt to taste
- Place chicken in large mixing bowl. Make a few deep gashes in each piece for marinade to seep in.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mini blender or food processor until well blended.
- Pour over chicken, tossing well to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to grill, heat barbecue to medium. Lift chicken out of marinade, spreading leftover marinade over top.
- Grill for about 30 min, or until chicken is cooked through, turning chicken once.
Serving Idea: Use your favourite Zamzam chicken in place of chicken legs. For deeper flavor, grill lemon halves along with the chicken and squeeze juice over finished chicken.
Chef’s Idea: Serve over a bed of mint with whole-wheat naan or pita bread and sliced radishes on the side.
*Chicken weights taken after removing skin