Sofina Foods Inc has been certified by Halal Monitoring Authority (HMA).
Zamzam® Halal Process
Zamzam products strictly adhere to the Islamic Slaughter process as stipulated by Halal Monitoring Authority (HMA).
- An appointed Halal Blesser begins the slaughter shift by reciting the Tasmiyah (Bismillah Allahu Akbar) and continues to repeat it throughout the entire slaughter.
- All chickens are stunned and rendered unconscious.
- Following stunning, all chickens are manually hand slaughtered by a Muslim to ensure no undue pain to the birds. All the necessary veins are severed.
- The Halal Blesser ensures the blessing is pronounced during time of slaughter.
- All chickens are federally inspected for quality assurance and food safety.
- Halal chickens are specially segregated so no contact with non-certified chicken or their parts takes place.
Link to HMA Canada