You’ve had tandoori chicken before but Tandoori Coconut chicken? Now that’s a whole new experience just waiting to be discovered! The coconut milk in the marinade makes the chicken very tender and the fresh flavours of curry leaves and coriander come through in every bite. Try something unique today and wow your family and friends!
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 2 lb (900g) skinned* Zamzam chicken drumsticks
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- ¼ cup each, packed, fresh: curry leaves, coriander
- 2 green chillies
- 1 small onion, quartered
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1½ tsp each, ground: garam masala, coriander, cumin, black pepper, dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- ½ tsp each: saffron strands, red chilli powder (cayenne pepper), paprika
- Salt to taste
- Place chicken in large mixing bowl. Make a few deep gashes in each piece for marinade to seep in.
- Combine remaining ingredients in food processor or blender until well minced.
- Pour over chicken, tossing well to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to grill, heat barbecue to medium. Lift chicken out of marinade, spreading leftover marinade over top.
- Grill for about 25 min, or until chicken is cooked through, turning chicken once.
Serving Idea: Serve with whole wheat chapatis and a mixed vegetable yogurt raita. Chef’s Tip: Use cubed Zamzam boneless, skinless chicken breasts in place of drumsticks. * Chicken weights taken after removing skin